A flawless smile is one of the first things that get observed when someone meets you. A straight, white set of teeth is no longer the domain of celebrities. Over the last several years, the latest advancements in cosmetic dentistry have made teeth whitening a completely safe and affordable treatment for almost anyone wanting a sunnier smile.
What are the different kinds of Teeth Whitening?
- In-Office Teeth Whitening:As the name specifies, this procedure is done at a dental clinic and takes about one hour to accomplish. The procedure is started by first protecting the gums and the surrounding tissues by placing a barrier on them to prevent the whitening agents' bleaching effects. After this, a whitening gel is smeared to the teeth's surface and allowed to stay for a duration of twenty minutes. The application of this gel is repeated 2-3 times based on the patient's teeth discoloration and sensitivity level of their teeth. The in-office whitening agents are tougher than at-home treatments and give better results in a short duration of time. It is the best choice to try if you want quick results and a shiny, striking smile.
- At-Home Whitening:This treatment method can be selected if you are not in a hurry to get your teeth whitened straightaway. This procedure involves the dentist capturing impressions of your teeth to make the custom trays. Along with the customized trays, a kit containing a whitening gel is provided, along with instructions for placing the gel in the trays. These trays should be worn continuously for two weeks for about a half-hour period daily. Your teeth will be dazzlingly bright at the end of this period.
What are the benefits of Teeth Whitening?
- A person's self-confidence will skyrocket with teeth whitening. A bright white set of teeth are also an indication to others that you can take good care of your appearance.
- One can have the healthiest teeth and straightest smile, but nobody is exempted from the harm that everyone encounters from everyday food and drink. Certain food items, tea, coffee, and soda, can stain our teeth over time. After the proper whitening procedure, you will immediately notice the difference in your smile. Teeth whitening will help fight stains from your everyday habits.
- Teeth whitening is a very economical procedure that helps you to get a shiny pearly smile without being a burden on your pocket.
- Your teeth's health and strength are protected when a professional dentist removes the stains and discoloration. It also reduces the likelihood of cavities and gum disease developing due to the build-up of plaque, a sticky film that provides a breeding ground for the harmful bacteria.
- The outcome of professional teeth whitening last longer as the whitening agents used by dentists contain more effective bleaching agents than the ones available over the counter.
Call us at Madrid Dental or schedule an online appointment to know more about Teeth Whitening