Invisalign is a transparent dental device used as a substitute for the metal brackets of traditional braces. Invisalign treatment can help straighten your teeth that are crooked or misaligned. It makes use of custom-made invisible aligners that are prepared with light plastic material. Nowadays, invisible aligners are most widely used because they offer an aesthetic treatment that is barely visible and can give a new lease of life for your smile.
What does an Invisalign Procedure Involve?
During the first appointment, your dentist will give a complete picture of how the aligners work, and you can get an idea about what is involved in the treatment and what all goes into bringing a smile you desire.
Then the orthodontist will capture the impression and images of your teeth. The same will be sent to an Invisalign laboratory for creating a three-dimensional computer image of how the teeth could be shifted gradually. These computer-aided impressions will lay the foundation for developing an array of custom-made aligners specially crafted to achieve this goal. Once this treatment program is accepted, plastic aligners are created for every stage of the treatment as per the plan and sent to the dentist.
Once the prepared aligners are returned to the cosmetic dentist, it is handed over to the patient to achieve the desired results and its progress is tracked. These aligners have to be worn continuously for two weeks before moving on to the next set of aligners in the series. Each set of aligners will gently move the teeth back to the desired location. The entire course of treatment for Invisalign usually takes about a year if the patient wears the device for 20 to 22 hours every day. During this period, the patient will usually wear 20 to 30 aligners for rectifying both the lower and upper teeth.
What is the significance of Invisalign Aligners?
Invisalign procedure assists you with many aesthetic benefits, and some include:
- An Invisalign procedure does not need any restrictions in your diet as you can remove them while having food. For traditional braces, food particles may get stuck in between the wire and brackets.
- As the Invisalign aligners are transparent, it’s not easy for anyone to understand that you are wearing braces to straighten your teeth.
- A person’s confidence is boosted with clear aligners, as they do not have to worry about the aesthetic appeal of their face.
- The Invisalign orthodontic devices are removable, allowing for easy functioning of your mouth, such as to eat or brush your teeth.
- The primary purpose behind getting invisible aligners is to improve the appearance of your teeth and consequently have a beautiful smile in the long run. Still, it is also a fact that straight teeth would be less susceptible to bacteria, hence preventing tooth decay and gum disease.
Call us at Madrid Dental or schedule an online appointment to know more about Invisalign